Oakwood Hills is the name of a 100-acre planned community enhancement project located between West Lisburn, Mill and Quail Hollow Roads in Grantham, Pa., Upper Allen Township. The land is a combination of three properties, the Rider, Musser and Mummau farms, which Messiah College began to acquire in 1997.
Together, these three tracts of land will make up Oakwood Hills, a skillfully planned and designed area that will extend the community, create hundreds of jobs and generate a significant amount of tax revenue for the township.
Current plans for the Musser & Mummau tracts feature:
- Luxury apartment rental units
- Amenities for residents of Oakwood Hills include a fitness and community center; swimming pool; playground; a small park for dogs; and a picnic/grilling area
- Walking/hiking trail for residents of Oakwood Hills and the general public
- Green spaces
- Park-like settings designed as passive naturalized recreation areas full of beauty, intrigue and interest for all to utilize and enjoy
Current plans for the Rider tract fronting along Rt. 15 feature:
- Hotel conference center with possible village concept including residential buildings and the potential for small shops
- Professional offices
- Convenience store